The Pillar House is a listed building built c. 1830 and is one of the finest architectural buildings in Ballinasloe town centre. There are six elaborate Tuscan columns which flank the two doorways and support the engraved fascia which pays tribute to its former history as a bank with a deeply engraved “National Bank of Ireland”. The stone carving is clearly the work of skilled stonemasons and carvers. The Stained glass sidelights on either side of the red panelled doors and traditional spoked fanlights hark back to a more traditional era. In the late 1800’s when the National Bank moved premises, its use was transferred to a licensed premises and grocery and was an agent for W&A Gilbeys, a well known Wine & Spirit Merchant in London & Dublin. The banners which were painted in Red & Gold Leaf over the windows and doors at this time have now been restored to their former glory.